Robert Half International Senior Director of Network Services in charlotte, North Carolina
The Sr. Director of Network Services is responsible for the ongoing operation and support of the organization's network and telecom services. This position leads, and serves as a member of, a team charged with configuring, and maintaining the network to support the connectivity needs of the corporate campus and sector offices. As a member of the Infrastructure and Operations Senior Leadership Team, the Sr. Director of Network Services reports to the VP of Infrastructure and Operations and is charged to understand the goals and objectives of the department, and to provide clear leadership and coaching to ensure that all members of the team understand their roles/responsibilities and are positioned for success.
Essential Job Functions
• Serve as Service Owner for Network and Telecom services.
• Develop strategic plans for Network and Telecom services
• Develop and manage budget
• Oversee operational support of Network and Telecom services.
• Provide hands-on systems design and architecture leadership for Network and Telecom services.
• Provide technical leadership to the Network Services team.
• Accountable for the operational stability and sustainability of Network and Telecom services.
• Architect and provide operational oversight for monitoring of Network and Telecom services.
• Design documentation standards for Network and Telecom services
• Oversee backups of network and telecommunications infrastructure.
• Schedule and oversee regular (at least quarterly) backup restores of network and telecommunications infrastructure, as well as disaster recovery testing of network and telecommunications infrastructure.
• Actively look for opportunities to provide leadership across departmental initiatives/projects.
• Take a leadership role in setting and ensuring that members of the team understand Team, Departmental and STG Goals, Strategies and Priorities.
• Model ability and willingness to share ideas with Associates, peers and management.
• Foster and create a coaching culture, provide feedback to Associates, peers and management.
• Serve as a mentor to provide coaching and technical guidance to Managers, Teams and Associates across the Organization.
• Break Team goals into manageable plans and assign activities to team members with defined timelines.
• Provide leadership/guidance to ensure completion of assigned activities within defined timelines.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and set an example for colleagues and Department.
• Attend regular VP status meetings and be engaged in meeting discussions and strategic planning.
• Hold regular (at least bi-weekly) Management Team meetings to provide transparency in Team and Departmental goals/priorities.
• Hold regular (at least monthly) one-on-one sessions with direct reports to provide coaching and feedback (positive and constructive) to support individual Associate and team professional development.
• Hold regular (at least every 6 months) personnel reviews and provide feedback (positive and constructive) to support individual Associate and team professional development.
• Hold regular (at least quarterly) Team meetings that include VP of Infrastructure and Operations to ensure clarity of goals and departmental transparency.
Planning and Organization
• Understand and be able to communicate STG Strategic Goals, Strategic Goals, daily, weekly, monthly and annual personal, Team and Department Goals as identified by the CIO and communicated by the VP of Infrastructure and Operations.
• Plan daily, weekly, monthly and annual individual, Team and Departmental work activities in alignment with established/defined Departmental Goals/Priorities.
• Execute against approved daily, weekly, monthly and annual plans and keep leadership informed of work status/progress.
• Monitor status/progress against approved Team daily, weekly, monthly and annual plans and keep leadership informed.
• Lead teams in accounting for the Triple Constraint (Scope, Time and Cost) across all project planning activities.
• Independently manage assigned tasks and project components to complete within established timelines.
Identify and communicate potential business impacts when planning changes to production systems.
• Provide guidance/coaching to Infrastructure and Operations Teams to help them enhance the efficiency/effectiveness of their work plans.
• Participate with management and technical teams to establish appropriate project timelines to deliver sustainable solutions within approved time and budget parameters.
• Demonstrate accountability and provide leadership for physical and logical security/integrity, sustainability, disaster recovery and business continuity in planning for all projects.
• Demonstrate attention to detail.
Information Processing and Decision Making
• Actively look to maximize existing investments and leverage existing systems to solve identified business problems.
• Actively identify and lead efforts to automate repetitive manual processes.
• Identify potential impacts of new systems/processes or changes to existing systems/processes and provide technical expertise to ensure operational reliability.
• Candidates need to be Senior Director level, not just managerial level. Looking for someone with 15+ years of experience, including leading a team of 10+ people.
• This person will be over 12 engineers, Data center, 100+ remote sites, hybrid cloud, etc.
• Will be tasked with driving network strategy
• AWS cloud network experience
• Cisco background - nice to have
• Need to know direct connect, VPN, AWS transit gateway
• Strongly preferred- experience integrating companies from network prospective
• Looking for strong architect background
• Needs to understand voice and enterprise network
• ITIL cert - must have
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $67.29 - $83.00 / Hourly
Location: charlotte, NC
Date Posted: January 11, 2021
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 03220-0011666461
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT