Robert Half International HR Generalist in Chaska, Minnesota
Robert Half HR Practice is partnering with a growing manufacturing client in the south metro to identify their new HR Generalist. The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource Department including talent acquisition, talent management, compensation, benefits, performance management, training, development, and administering company policies and practices. The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for following all quality and safety protocol of the company.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
· Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
· Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
· Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
· Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs. including but not limited to compensation; benefits including ESOP; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition; engagement; occupational health and safety; backup to payroll and training and development.
· Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate management.
· Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Manages employee information of personnel files and HRIS system.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Champion employee engagement including AFP ESOP Committee.
· BA/BS degree in Human Resources or Business or related field.
· 3 years minimum experience previous Human Resources experience
· HR experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS software.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· SHRM-CP certification a plus.
Apply directly to be considered or reach out to Jason Pfieffer 612.446.5536 to learn more about this role and organization.
Benefits Administration, Employee Relations, HR Compliance, Human Resources (HR) Administration, Interviewing, New Employee Orientation, Employment Branding, HR Policy, Onboarding, Performance Management, Recruitment - Sourcing, Terminations.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.