Robert Half Assistant Controller in CHICAGO, Illinois
To apply for this Assistant Controller role, email your resume to John Sadofsky (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the subject line, type "Assistant Controller"
The Assistant Controller - Corporate Accounting is a Senior Director role within the organization and will lead a team of 7 – 8 in the U.S. and provide leadership and guidance to the accounting resources within our shared services organization in India. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for managing the consolidated close process, including the governance over the general ledger (i.e., user access, chart of accounts, one-time charges), the maintenance of accounting policies, and maintaining effective internal controls (SOX). The successful candidate will work closely with the CAO to accelerate and optimize the monthly close process through continuous improvement opportunities, such as automation, process & control timing, and streamlining or simplifying workflow. This role will work closely with Procurement, Treasury, Human Resources and Finance to ensure alignment and provide support for planning activities and technical guidance related to new complex transactions or accounting rules.
· Coach, develop and lead the team responsible for performing the month-end close, accounts payable processing, and general accounting (e.g., operational accruals, prepaids, compensation, intercompany, & fixed assets).
· Partner closely with Accounting and Finance Leadership in India to provide guidance and support on accounting, reporting, and control matters.
· Establish and maintain policies that govern the accounting and close processes to support process standardization, a strong control environment, and compliance with US GAAP.
· Lead process integration efforts for new acquisitions.
· 12+ years in Accounting or Finance related field
· Certified Public Accountant
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
· Public accounting (Big Four) and/or industry accounting experience with publicly traded companies
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.