Robert Half Assistant Controller in CHICAGO, Illinois
To apply for this Assistant Controller role, email your resume to John Sadofsky (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the subject line, type "Assistant Controller role"
· Project administration
o Interpretation and application of project documents such as loan, lease, operating agreements and PSA
o Partner/member/lender/contractor/title company relations and reporting, as necessary
o Prepare and track project funding requests
o Prepare summary of lien waivers required and track receipt of same by draw
o Timely solicit and obtain appropriate approval for project costs and prepare disbursements following draw funding
o Prepare invoices for costs funded sources other than loan and equity proceeds
· Consistently review project valuation (gross and net), calculate investor’s share, and compare to pro forma
· Yardi software administration and maintenance
· Arrange and manage scheduled project pursuit payments (e.g. earnest money deposits)
o Perform monthly general ledger review and maintenance
o Prepare and update supplemental schedules supporting account balances
o Compile of monthly financial and management reports
o Prepare projections of development fees receipts
o Manage 2-4 staff/senior accountants
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· Real estate accounting experience preferred
· Previous management experience preferred
· Previous experience in Yardi (administration and setup experience preferred)
· CPA with a mix of public and private experience preferred
· 5+ years of accounting experience
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.