Robert Half Fiscal Director in CHICAGO, Illinois
Responsibilities and Duties (including but not limited to):
• Assist Fiscal Director to develop, design and complete a cost allocation plan
• Assist Fiscal Director to develop, design and complete an indirect cost rate for the agency each year
• Have experience as an Associate Fiscal Director or senior staff accountant for a large not for profit organization
• Experience and knowledge regarding developing and implementing budgets
• Experience in not for profit accounting practices and GAAP
• Experience preparing for and successfully completing a variety of governmental fiscal audits.
• Have extensive experience to supervise the following tasks done by fiscal staff: o Journal entries
o Bank reconciliations
o Voucher Preparation
o Prepare reporting requirements as needed for a variety of programs
o Record receivables
o Assist in preparing budgets for all programs
o Assist and oversee General Ledger / journal entries
o Reconcile bank accounts and balance sheets
o Review and post monthly entries
o Prepare cost allocation plan monthly based on time studies
o Prepare monthly payroll journal
o Prepare allocation entries for indirect and administrative funds
o Assist with year-end closing of the budget
o Oversee accounts payable
• Bachelor's degree required. CPA certification or MBA preferred.
• 3-5 years of prior experience in accounting, preferably in a non-profit environment.
• Prefer experience with state and local government agency funded programs (DCFS, DFSS, ISBE), including GATA budgeting.
• Broad knowledge and experience in non-profit accounting practices and GAAP
• Above average skills in interpersonal communication and personal organization
• Excellent Microsoft knowledge, particularly proven Excel skills
• Demonstrated ability in reviewing vouchers and communicating with clients and subcontractors
General knowledge of non-profit accounting practices and OMD federal guidelines
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.