Robert Half International Operations Supervisor in CHICAGO, Illinois
PLEASE READ Core Shift: 10:00 pm to 6:30 am with shift starting on Monday through Friday Peak Processing / Special Project Shift: 9:00 pm to 7:30 am; weekends as required
With minimal guidance from the Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor will assign and direct printing (both cut sheet and continuous feed equipment) and inserting process work performed and will supervise or support specific areas of operations across 2nd and 3rd shift. Position will manage staff, foster a positive environment, promote customer satisfaction, and ensure proper departmental operations.
• Oversee nightly print and mail production processing.
• Develop general knowledge of all production equipment to maximize production up-time.
• Perform printing and other operations tasks during peak periods and as needed.
• Assist with inventory management and monthly reporting of paper stock, envelopes, and inserts.
• Check daily production billing report and complete exception reports relevant to shift.
• Communicate status of all jobs as part of shift change.
• Enforce maintenance and safety standards.
• Conduct equipment and basic computer training for shift staff.
• Conduct training on new or enhanced applications based on documentation in Run Book and supporting instructions provided by manager and/or customer success team.
• Serve as point of contact for nightly service calls.
• Maintain positive working relationship with Canon OCE technicians.
• Relay overnight service issues to onsite maintenance technician.
• Communicate professionally with internal departments as needed.
• Must be available to work extended hours during peak times (month end processing and special projects.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: 5 years of related experience in printing industry.
2 to 5 years of managerial experience.
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 / Yearly
Location: CHICAGO, IL
Date Posted: February 22, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01300-0011714084
Staffing Area: Office u0026 Administrative