Robert Half International Payroll Specialist in Chicago, Illinois
Responsibilities include collecting and reviewing employee information and timecards, calculating prorated paychecks, preparing and processing company payroll and maintaining accurate payroll records. This position will serve as a primary support to the Human Resources Manager whilst assisting the Accounting Department as requested.
• Be an expert in Paylocity (our payroll system) and continue to drive full usage of the tool.
• Collect banking information for direct deposit setup including H.S.A and all agency accounts.
• Enter timecards into Payroll system for Senior Vice Presidents.
• Process payroll through the Paylocity website; maintain electronic payroll book, monitor all quarterly filing by Payroll service; produce and distribute all year end forms, review payroll timesheets report for Human Resources, provide accounting staff with reports as requested.
• Prepare and submit bonus checks with proper coding.
• Update employee withholdings, contributions, and deductions including payroll book update.
• Detect and process issues related to uncollected payroll.
• Provide payroll estimates to accounting to initiate transfer in a timely manner.
• Record payroll against general ledger
• Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications.
• Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns.
• Manage billing spreadsheet and produce supervision billing invoices with approval from the Controller.
• Assist in maintaining employee salary information, pay structure and bonus structures.
• Track PTO and unexpected absences
• Track Cobra payments received and record for billing, track Cobra payment deadlines.
• Keep current with the taxation of salaries, benefits and other factors.
• Prepare and submit payroll information for worker’s compensation and company insurance audits/renewals.
• Assist with compliance documentation including EEO-1 reporting, ERISA reporting and other required documentation as needed.
• Process insurance bills and send to Human Resources Manager for approval
• Coordinate creation of bank accounts for the Accounting Department
• Deposit receipts from other banks as needed.
• Order, cancel, and revise credit card limits for all employees as requested.
• Provide backup to the Office Administrator in their absence including mail distribution.
• Complete miscellaneous administrative and accounting responsibilities as requested.
Human Resources Assistance
• Provide general assistance on special projects as requested to support Human Resources Department.
• Maintain benefits and payroll section of the company intranet, Benefitsolver.
• Assist in the coordination and administration of company 401k and Employer Sponsored Health Plans.
• Enroll and terminate employee benefits as needed.
• Assist in managing Flexible spending plan changes; enroll employees, update deductions and deactivate members.
• Research HR laws, codes, regulations, rules and policies and general internal and external compliance as needed.
Requirements Microsoft Excel
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.