Robert Half International Plant Controller in Chicago, Illinois
We are searching for a Controller with experience as a manufacturing plant operations accountant. This critical leader is responsible for leading and performing all day-to-day finance responsibilities associated with plant operations.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist management in the decision-making process that allows for profit maximization or cost minimization.
• Implement procedures to ensure that all company financial policies are followed and to insure that adequate internal controls are in place.
• Manage the General Ledger, Cost, Inventory, Fixed Assets.
• Prepare quarterly, monthly and periodic Financial Reports and Analysis for submission to Divisional Management.
• Prepare month end closings within 4 business days accurately and on time.
• Work closely with the staff, perpetuate a positive, team-oriented, continuous improvement environment, and provide the coaching and motivation necessary for plant and personal success.
• Monitor, approve and analyze all spending
• Preparation of capital requests including appropriate economic analysis when required and assure backup documentation is adequate.
• Prepare supporting schedules for the annual audit to assist the external auditors.
• Oversee and participate in the creation of the annual budget.
• Special projects as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or General Business with a concentration in Accounting, and preferably a CPA certificate. Proficient in GAAP.
• 5+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities in accounting.
• Industry experience must include manufacturing (large plant environment preferred
• Thorough understanding of manufacturing plant operations.
• Must meet deadlines and deliver quality results
• Inventory Control background that includes interacting with Plant personnel and do department walk throughs to check for any inventory discrepancies.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
• Experience with JDE preferred, but not req
Click 'Apply' or call Kim Burnette at 708-429-5218
Requirements CPA, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Cost Accounting, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.