Robert Half Sr. Tax Accountant II in CHICAGO, Illinois
Description Responsible for ensuring the correct taxation of customer transactions by monitoring the billing system and providing technical tax guidance on new products and initiatives. This role works on audit defense, identifies and implements process and technology improvements. Act as a representative of the Tax department at critical cross-functional project meetings impacting tax considerations, system functionality and decision making, while investigating issues that require originality, ingenuity, and in-depth analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
• Five (5) or more years of experience in transaction tax, accounting or finance.
• Proven technical tax research and understanding of current tax issues.
• Prior state and local tax and / or public accounting experience.
• Experience with SAP and Vertex products Requirements
• Act as a team lead; training and mentoring less experienced associates; provide functional advice or training to less-experienced associates.
• Act as a representative of the Tax team at critical cross-functional project meetings.
• Manage state, local and regulatory audits including planning, negotiating, organizing and presenting data to auditors.
• Research applicable sales, use and regulatory changes that impact the organization and prepare memos to document findings; communicate findings to internal business units as needed.
• Collaborate with internal business units by providing tax guidance on new products / services.
• Respond to customer tax questions on billing and exemption matters.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.