Robert Half International Sr. Technical Accounting Manager in CHICAGO, Illinois
To apply for this Sr. Technical Accounting Manager role, email your resume to John Sadofsky (email@example.com) In the subject line, type "Sr. Technical Accounting Manager"
We are looking for a Senior Technical Accounting Manager that will provide consultative support to the organization on issues related to accounting and financial reporting. In partnership with Chief Accounting Officer, Controller and Manager of SEC reporting, this person will work closely in support of others within and outside of the Finance department to provide technical accounting support, answer questions on the application of U.S. GAAP and general accounting matters.
• Assist in technical accounting matters to support the organization, including conducting and documenting research of non-routine M& A and other accounting transactions to conclude on the appropriate application of U.S. GAAP
• Monitor FASB and SEC activities to assist in identifying any potential impact of new pronouncements and prepare technical accounting standard updates on a quarterly basis
• Assist in drafting footnotes and other required disclosures for our quarterly and annual filings with the SEC, as needed
• Maintain / update summary listing of accounting issues, summarize key issues and exposure items
• Assist in ongoing policy documentation and education for the teams around the world
• Bachelors in Accounting
• Certified Public Accountant ( CPA)
• Seven or more years of Big 4 public accounting
• Experience with SEC filings with exposure to SEC rules and regulations
• Experience with researching and accounting for non-routine, complex accounting concepts
• Strong familiarity of accounting principles
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.