Robert Half Tax Manager in CHICAGO, Illinois
To apply for this Tax Manager role, email your resume to John Sadofsky (firstname.lastname@example.org) In the subject line, type "Tax Manager role"
· Responsible for all aspects of federal, state, local, and international direct and indirect tax compliance and planning, and the accounting for income taxes under US GAAP
· Ensure corporate compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal tax rules and regulations
· Establish and maintain tax policies, practices, and procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance and strong internal controls under SOX requirements
· Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison between company and external tax advisors
· Develop internal policies relating to taxation and implement these policies into existing accounting and business practices
· Research and document tax strategies and new tax laws
· Manage all tax audits from federal, state, and local jurisdictions
· Fulfill documentation requests for outside tax advisors and auditors
· 6 to 8 years of experience
· CPA required
· Public Accounting experience as a senior associate or manager strongly preferred
· Master’s Degree in Accounting preferred
· Self-managed, self-motivated, goal-oriented with strong desire to succeed
· ASC 740 experience
· Federal, state, and local compliance experience
· Exposure to SOX control environment
· Willing to assist with ad-hoc regulatory compliance issues such as 1099 reporting, annual reports, business licensing, etc.
· Eager to act as a business partner and work cross-functionally with Finance, Legal, HR, IT, and Sales orgs
· Advanced Excel capabilities
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.