Robert Half International Payroll Specialist in Cincinnati, Ohio
Payroll Processor needed for a several Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky clients. The Payroll Processor will be responsible for processing payroll, reconciling the sub-ledger to the general ledger, remitting payroll taxes and government reporting, as well as preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll statements. As the Payroll Clerk, you job responsibilities will include: handling payroll for eighteen US locations; weekly union payroll; bi-weekly salaried payroll; monthly commission based payroll; assist with transferring payroll processing to corporate office; assist with various HR projects; and various duties as assigned. The Payroll Processing candidate must have at least 2+ years of experience processing Payroll, have strong technical skills, and proficient in Excel and Word applications.
Some Responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist:
· The Payroll Specialist will compile payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, and insurance to be withheld, and employee identification number, from time sheets and other records.
· Enter data into payroll system to compute wages and deductions.
· Post data to payroll records.
· Make adjustments in regards to payroll, as needed.
· Record changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
· Record data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
· Prorate expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
· Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
· Prepare state and federal tax payments.
· Reconcile payroll amounts to general ledger.
Payroll Specialist Requirements:
· 3+ years' experience processing payroll
· Exposure working in ADP, Kronos, Peoplesoft, or Paycor
· Willingness to grow and learn with the company
· Impeccable time management skills
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.