Robert Half Technical Writer in Cincinnati, Ohio
The Technical Writer and Graphics Specialist is responsible for the development, execution and management of technical documentation & artworks including, but not limited to: instructions for use, safety documents, administration processes, installation guides, service manuals, IFU inserts, and product labels; ensuring all meets industry regulations, standards, and guidelines.
• High involvement on cross-functional project teams through all phases of the product development process.
• Executes technical document related projects from concept through the launch and initial production ramp-up.
• Leads product IFU changes after launch based on defined needs of the business.
• Provides guidance and recommendations on process related projects.
• Ensures consistency of the Mammotome brand voice across all customer facing, technical documentation.
• Expert level skills in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud
• Develops and/or revises artworks for the following but not limited to:
o IFU (Instructions for Use)
o Reference guides
o Setup guides
o Compatibility guides
o Packaging labels
• Prepares and reviews supporting documents associated with artwork development.
• Manages language translations and works with outside translation services to provide language translations of all required technical communications and other required localized activities.
• Leads aspects of project management including scope definition, scheduling, budgeting, and contingency planning for all technical documentation applications on new and existing products.
• Other duties as assigned.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to gain followership and drive results
• Excellent facilitation skills. Ability to hold individuals’ attention, create excitement and hold all team members responsible for outcomes.
• Positive attitude and ability to work closely with entire leadership team to drive change, continuous improvement, and engagement throughout the organization
• The capacity to plan, organize, & complete projects on time. Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and deadlines
• Ability to lead teams and drive change in a matrix organization
• Action oriented individual who is highly proactive at solving problems and obtaining results.
• True love of continuous improvement, measuring results and problem solving.
• Team player who can work well across a global organization.
• Willingness to learn the complexities of working in a Diagnostic industry where compliance to regulation is a must.
• Minimum 5-7 years of technical writing experience.
• Desktop publishing skills with a keen eye for formatting.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Microsoft Word formatting.
• Experience in developing print-ready booklet artwork in Adobe InDesign.
• Graphic Design related skills.
• Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Experience working in a medical device or FDA regulated industry.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Technical Communications, Technical Writing, Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or a related field equivalent preferred.
MS Word, MS Office, MS Office 365, Visio, Visio Diagrams, Maintain Technical Documentation, Technical Documentation, Technical Manuals, Technical Papers, Technical Presentations, Technical Writers, Technical Writing, Medical Device, Medical Device, Basic Medical Terminology, Adobe InDesign
Innovation starts with people.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5565. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.