Robert Half International VP of Finance in CLEVELAND, Ohio
GROWING Manufacturer located in Brookpark is hiring a VP of Finance to be accountable for the financial management and reporting operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. Also responsible administrative and risk management process of the company.
Main Responsibilities will include:
• Work closely with CEO and other senior managers to enhance and maximize business performance.
• Manage the financial aspects of the annual budget and forecasting processes and manage spending so it falls at or under plan.
• Perform comprehensive reviews of the Company’s Accounting practices – ensure that reconciliations are performed properly, that the books are being closed properly and on time.
• Provide strategic assistance to the CEO and Board and your responsibilities will include analyzing acquisitions, performing due diligence, and evaluating (and recommending) new software technology to aid the Company.
• Implements processes and procedures to continuously improve the following areas: Accounting and Inventory Control; Planning and Reporting; Treasury and Cash Management; and Tax.
• Ensures the completeness and integrity of Accounting and Financial policies, standards, and systems as well as application of effective controls for the protection of the Company’s financial resources in accordance with GAAP and in conjunction with independent auditors’ requirements.
• Evaluate the existing ERP systems and determine the best system for the company going forward.
• Continue to establish job cost accounting at all manufacturing locations – determine actual costs and recommend which products should be produced at which locations and streamline processes.
• Oversee billing and collections, manage DSO, and establish processes for swift problem resolution.
• Provide dependable strategic leadership and intellectual horsepower to shape and drive decisions. Assist CEO as needed with due diligence, acquisitions, negotiations, and integration.
• Recommend other uses of technology that will enable the business to increase efficiencies.
• Manage key relationships with vendors, negotiate contracts, and ensure win-win balance. Where needed, rationalize vendor base and ensure the Company’s existing contracts are fairly priced.
• Build critical relationships at the plants and devise ways to work together to help Company evolve from where it is today to where it wants to go from an Accounting and Financial perspective.
• Responsible for the Treasury function such as managing cash flow, determine when to draw down the revolver, address regulatory issues when they arise, and communicate key information to CEO.
• Manage the Audit relationship – provide them with the information they need to perform their job.
• Deliver reporting on time to all internal and external audiences.
For Immediate CONFIDENTIAL Consideration, please call Tom @ 216-800-7232 or e-mail your resume to Tom
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. Advanced degree is preferred.
• Active CPA certification is strongly preferred.
• 10+ years of progressive leadership experience directing the Accounting and Finance functions with prior work experience as a Controller or other comparable experience.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and U.S. GAAP.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.