Robert Half Import Specialist in College Park, Georgia
We are looking for an Import Specialist to join our team of professionals in our Atlanta, GA operation.
Import Specialist prepare customs clearance documents, arrange clearance, route movement of incoming freight shipments at airline, train, trucking terminals, and shipping docks. Arrange pickup of freight at origins and arrange transportation to destination. Prepare and examine bills of lading to determine shipping charges and tariffs.
The Import Specialist should be confident in performing the following daily tasks:
• Coordinate movement of shipments from port via ocean, air, rail, truck or intermodal.
• Prepare and submit Arrival Notices.
• Communicate with vendors.
• Track and trace shipments.
• Coordinate deliveries to consignees.
• Communicate and follow up with customers regarding shipment status, questions and/or other inquiries.
• Prepare customs entry for application of release to U.S. Customs.
• Negotiate/Request rates with freight carriers when appropriate.
• Sign documents on behalf of clients, using powers of attorney.
• Provide advice on transportation options, types of carriers, or shipping routes.
• Post bonds for the products being imported or assist clients in obtaining bonds.
• Pay or arrange for payment of freight, and insurance fees, or other charges.
What we are looking for in a candidate: The successful candidate will have at least two years of experience in imports or related transportation experience.
Organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills are a must. Position requires excellent computer and customer service skills along with strong verbal and written communication abilities.
Candidate must be motivated, flexible, and willing to work in an ever-changing market and with any operational process that may present itself.
Air Import Experience Strongly Preferred.
Third Party Logistics
Import Customer Service
Manage Vendor Relationships
Ensure Prompt Payment
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.