Robert Half International Desktop Support in Columbia, Maryland
Desktop Support Job Duties:
• Build and install PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards
• Provides advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents
• Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance
• Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems
• Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
• Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
• Create, maintain, and distribute reports of progress to senior leadership
• Migrating servers from Windows XP to Windows 7 or higher platform
• Maintain client databases with up to date solutions and clear record of activities
• Explain and document technical issues in a clear way to clients
• Use call logging system to accurately record telephone requests
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
-0-2 years of experience preferred
-High School Degree or equivalent required
-Candidate will provide technical support via phone and desk side to internal employees ranging from staff to executive level members, a professional demeanor is required
-Ability to utilize remote tools such as remote assistance and team viewer
-Experience supporting HP and Dell hardware
-Experience with hardware replacement such as hard drives, memory, keyboards on laptops and desktops
-Working experience with replacing and/or upgrading an end user from one system to another
-Must have proven track record in a high volume support desk with proven first call resolution
-Please send your resume to email@example.com
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Columbia, MD
Date Posted: January 13, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 02000-9502398566
Staffing Area: Technology