Robert Half Accountant II in COLUMBUS, Ohio
The Accountant will be reporting to the Corporate Accounting Manager. The Accountant will maintain general ledger accounting for Vertiv Group Corporation and Vertiv Corporation (“Vertiv”) corporate entities as well as multiple holding companies.
The role will include the assembly and analysis of information to evaluate significant accruals and estimates as part of the monthly close cycle. Additionally, the role will be responsible for the reconciliation and fluctuation analysis for both key and non-key accounts.
• Reconciliation of cash transfers for payroll funding to total payroll processed
• Reconciliation of payroll tax withholdings to payments processed by Ceridian
• Reconciliation of payroll transactions clearing the payroll cash account
• Ensure that Blackline balance sheet account reconciliations for respective payroll accounts are prepared monthly; timely follow up on reconciling items
• Help to document and maintain key controls over the accounting for payroll transactions
• Create and post standard and adjusting journal entries as need on a monthly basis
• Maintain accounting and payment processing for Vertivs various employee benefit plans; coordination of allocations and charge-outs to other Vertiv entities
• Prepare detailed accounting analysis as required
• In collaboration with Alight(NGA), Vertivs third party payroll processor, and the Digital Solutions Group of Vertiv, ensure that output from NGA is properly included in the payroll interface files used to generate output files for general ledger uploads
Education & Certifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance Requirements:
• 2-7 years’ experience in a corporate accounting role
• Working knowledge of payroll accounting requirements
• Very proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Confidence in challenging the status quo; always on the hunt for continuous improvement opportunities.
• The ability to go fast; the desire to help others go faster.
• Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
• Prior experience in accounting for or processing of payroll for an entity with at least 1,000 employees
• Prior experience with Oracle general ledger applications
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.