Robert Half International Divisional Controller in COLUMBUS, Ohio
Robert Half Management Resources is currently seeking a Divisional Controller for an interim project opportunity with a client in Columbus, OH. This company provides road safety and pavement marking services to a variety of end markets and customers. Reporting to the Corporate CFO, the Divisional Controller is a key member of the finance organization, responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements, ensuring consistent accounting policies and procedures are applied as determined from the Corporate Controller, and management of the financial control process and methodology. You will have significant relevant experience with all areas of financial accounting and controls in addition to relationship management within finance, other operational groups and all business units. Construction or manufacturing accounting and job cost knowledge are a must, CPA a plus.
• Monthly closing of the general ledger for two locations, responsible for inventory, payroll accrual, review of unbilled contracts, bank reconciliation, prepaid expenses and account variance explanations and analysis
• Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of financial statements by ensuring all key balance sheet accounts are reconciled timely and accurately, ensuring all disposition of reconciling items have been handled appropriately and ensuring sign offs from all accounting staff/managers.
• Responsible for a timely close process utilizing checklists, signoffs, journal entry logs; Develop processes and procedures as required. Also responsible for continuous improvement of the close cycle
• Responsible for preparing a monthly package to Corporate Controller including key account reconciliations and identification of any risk areas or assessments (reconciliations loaded electronically into repository).
• Ensure accuracy of T/B loads into Consolidation Reporting Tool (OneStream) and deliverable of Business Unit Financial statements; Ensure GAAP reporting and Management reporting accuracy on a monthly basis.
• Responsible for multiple locations (2) and establishing consistent accounting standards across both with support from the Corporate Controller.
• Directs the accounting staff (A/P, A/R and Payroll) to ensure all financial data is accurate and timely.
• Provide strategic and day-to-day leadership for the function, coordinating activities and managing direct and indirect reports to achieve the goals and initiatives needed to ensure success including, but not limited to, the following areas:
o Closing of Financial books and records monthly
o Reporting monthly financial information in OneStream and participating in monthly review calls
o Accounting policy
o Controls environment
o Closing process (timely, accurate, efficient)
o Revenue accounting (Job Cost module and Output method)
o Receipts and disbursements
o Payroll and payroll tax related filings
o Sales Tax
• Direct the timely preparation of all financial reports, including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statements.
• Partnering with FP& A to prepare data for management reporting and board requests.
• Responsible for managing the external audit process and ensuring all audits are completed on budget and on time. and monthly close and reporting cycle.
• Lead other locations as needed that rollup and consolidate with this Division.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.