Robert Half International Platform Engineer in COLUMBUS, Ohio
Are you looking for your next great opportunity? This may be it , our client is looking for a Platform Engineer to build there team around
They offer secure, cloud-based, enterprise-wide information technology-based solutions that enable enterprises and government agencies to deploy fully compliant IT services in accordance with government-mandated regulations and advanced system requirements.
We are looking for a highly motivated Platform Engineer located in Columbus, OH that can operate in a fast-paced and demanding start-up like environment of a micro-cap publicly-traded company. The Platform Engineer is part of the Developer Experience (DevEx) team. The Platform Engineer will focus on building services that abstract away platform concerns from stream-aligned engineers, enabling them to ship faster on reliable, plug-and-play self-service infrastructure.
The DevEx team treats the technical platform like a product. They are dedicated to enhancing ability to deliver and the efficiency and effectiveness of our engineers. The DevEx team treats these engineers like customers, gathering feedback from them to reduce cognitive load to focus on value-generating work. As a result, while the problems are challenging, the impact in this position can be exponential.
Must be able to obtain Secret-level security clearance (SF86).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Help design and build the essential services that manage the context around SaaS products, such as authentication and infrastructure automation.
• Leverage Terraform to help create a self-service infrastructure platform for engineers to use for rapid prototyping and experimentation.
• Make it easy for developers to deploy their services safely and continuously.
• Building and automating the management of infrastructure using code.
• Developing systems on AWS (e.g., Boto3, AWS Go SDK).
• Support and troubleshoot systems on AWS (e.g., Boto3, AWS Go SDK).
• Creating and managing Kubernetes clusters.
• Supporting Docker-based software development lifecycle.
If you feel your credentials match this role and are open to a full-time role please contact Chris Ferguson @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-602-0510
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
The minimum qualifications include:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
• Three (3) years of relevant experience, preferably as a Site Reliability/DevOps/Platform Engineer, highly preferred.
• Strong grasp of Linux fundamentals (e.g., bash, iptables, systemd, awk/sed/grep, ps).
• Strong grasp of infrastructure fundamentals (e.g., Networking, Authentication, Service Discovery, Performance Analysis).
• Experience with an Infrastructure-as-Code library such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
• Experience with a Docker-based software development lifecycle.
• Experience with Graviton-backed (ARM) instances a plus.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment.
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 / Yearly
Location: COLUMBUS, OH
Date Posted: January 12, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 03410-0011655941
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT