Robert Half International Python Developer in Columbus, Ohio
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, PLEASE EMAIL AN UPDATED RESUME TO JORDAN.ADKINS@ROBERTHALF.COM
THIS IS A 100% REMOTE POSITION
The Entitlement Client Tooling team is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will contribute to the development and maintenance of the Red Hat subscription and entitlement management client tools including subscription-manager and virt-who. You will improve the quality, stability, and user experience of Red Hat customer's subscription experience through solving bugs, implementing features and helping produce releases of these tools for Fedora, Centos, Enterprise Linux and other distributions. This team is uniquely placed within the business so as to help improve the customer subscription experience, a team focused on tooling crucial to Red Hat's business. As a Software Engineer, you will work in the upstream and contribute your solutions to our open source projects: subscription-manager and virt-who. You’ll need to be proactive, motivated, and able to work in a collaborative, distributed environment.
Primary Jobs Responsibilities
• Solve bugs and implement features according to designs for future improvements in our open source projects
• Maintain developer-oriented documentation
• Maintain supporting tooling and automation for our open source projects
• Produce releases for our open source projects for Fedora, Centos, and RHEL
• Work in a collaborative, distributed environment
• 3+ years of experience in Python developing user applications.
• 2+ years of experience administering Linux systems
• 1+ years of experience with distributed source control tools like Git or Mercurial
• 1+ years of implementing integration design patterns, especially in a microservices and/or event-driven architecture
• 1+ years working with continuous integration tools and processes. Continuous delivery experience is a plus.
• 1+ years developing Java unit tests, such as JUnit or Spock
• 1+ years working in an Agile team environment
• 1+ years working with distributed source control such as Git, including branching and merging
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other closely related field
• Experience with the following will be considered a plus
• Advanced experience writing, maintaining and releasing python 2 and python 3 applications
• Experience in developing in a Linux environment
• An interest in writing in c, c++, go (experience is a plus)
• Experience with open source communities and development is a plus
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $45.00 - $50.00 / Hourly
Location: Columbus, OH
Date Posted: October 16, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 04860-9502728368
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT