Robert Half International Case Manager in Compton, California
OfficeTeam is looking for a temporary Case Manager for our nonprofit client to start as soon as possible. This is in the homelessness housing industry and starts ASAP!
1) conduct comprehensive intake and assessments of participants to develop housing case plan.
2) provide case management services which include but are not limited to providing appropriate resources, tools, and counseling to assist participants in achieving their case plan goals; making referrals for services and following up to ensure that the referrals were completed; tracking and documenting participant progress.
3) recertify participants every 3 months to assess participant’s progress and need.
4) educate participants on the ‘step-down’ approach to decreased rental assistance over time.
5) provide participants with referrals and information to help increase their income through employment or other opportunities such as vocational training.
6) assist participants in all aspects of locating and securing permanent housing (identifying housing resources, communicating and negotiating with landlords, processing and submitting application, advocating for participants, coordinating the enrollment leasing process, etc).
7) document and maintain up-to-date information on services provided to participants in the carelinq and homeless management information system (hmis) within 48 hours of interaction, situation, or information noted In addition, maintain electronic and hard copy case records.
8) perform rent calculations for rental assistance programs and counsel participants regarding rent, security deposit and lease provisions.
9) network with new owners, landlords and property managers to discuss rental assistance and placement programs.
10) educate landlords on how the short medium-term and long-term rental subsidy programs works including timeframe and potential payment breakdown and encourage their participation.
11) perform site visits at all prospective units to ensure they meet guidelines for habitability standards, including safety and security concerns.
12) provide advocacy as needed to help address issues and barriers between landlord and participant Work in tandem with the housing coordination stabilization team to address any participant-related issues.
13) respond (liaison) to complaints from landlords and participants related to housing issues.
14) perform inspections, post participant acceptance, of unit for habitability of actual unitEnsure the fmr are within contractual obligations Negotiate rent when necessary.
15) collaborate with other partner agencies to insure seamless housing placement and resolve potential issues.
16) participate in staff meetings, case reviews and other relevant trainings.
17) attend community meetings and other assigned meetings, events, workshops, etc.
18) other duties as assigned.
Requirements - Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, as well as databases and customer database systems
Comprehensive knowledge of case management
Skills in internet research
Strong communication skills and able to receive criticism well
At least 1 year of Administrative Assistant experience preferred
We are a creative, dynamic company seeking an ambitious individual to come join our growing company. If you are a passionate self-starter that thrives in an innovative environment, we would love to hear from you! This position will be filled by the end of the week so contact us immediately!
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.