Robert Half International DE Underwriter in Concord, California
Dynamic National Wholesale Mortgage company seeking multiple Mortgage Underwriters with current or recent experience in the last 12 months.
Responsible for prudent and timely underwriting of loans in accordance with Company and investor guidelines by ensuring that Company turn-times are met and/or exceeded
• Evaluate and analyze all loan packages including credit, income, asset, and collateral documentation to ensure investment quality loan product
• Check accuracy of all calculations and analyze income utilizing personal and/or corporate tax returns or any other income documents necessary to ensure loan meets the applicable program guidelines
• Maintain accuracy and competency in utilizing the Company’s system of record for automated and manual underwriting of loan files
• Utilize and comply with all automated underwriting certifications for any loans approved in the system; and ensure manually underwritten loans comply with both company and applicable agency/investor guidelines
• In partnership with sales and our clients, assist in structuring loans to ensure the salability of packages.
• Consult with the account management team to ensure all underwriting conditions are met prior to loan closing and any conditions based on company requirements
• Sign off on PTD and PTF conditions in accordance with policies and procedures as set by the credit officer
• Assist with curing deficiencies in loan files as a result of failure to meet investor, FHA, VA, repurchase and/or Company guidelines
• Communicate loan decisions both verbally and in writing in the format approved by Company
• Exercise discretion and utilize exceptional analytical abilities to detect discrepancies in documentation and/or information in order to protect Company from fraudulent practices
• May perform appraisal reviews and work closely with in house appraisal staff to perform secondary/desk reviews
• Respond timely to all audits and maintain acceptable post-funding audit results within specific tolerance levels
• Regularly attend and participate in departmental meetings
• Remain up to date and informed on all government regulations and requirements as well as Company guidelines and overlays
• Work closely with underwriting management to resolve questions/issues in a timely manner
Why work here?
Great leadership team
Growing organization with strong financial backing from a publicly-traded company
Good Benefits and bonus structure
• Current knowledge of industry guidelines and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations
• Knowledge of mortgage underwriting
• Analytical skills
• Highly organized
• Multi-tasking and prioritization skills necessary
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under time constraints
• Ability to organize and coordinate projects
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to adapt to change quickly
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong interpersonal skills and must be a team player
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Concord, CA
Date Posted: January 22, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00420-0011511285
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance