Robert Half Property Accountant in Concord, California
Robert Half is currently working with a dynamic client looking for a Property Accountant. The Property Accountant should have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and property-specific systems, as well as experience in accounting and property management. If you thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires the ability to balance multiple responsibilities, this may be the role for you. This HYBRID role will be in Concord, California. If interested, please reach out.
· Utilize Yardi software to ensure accurate and timely recording of property-related financial transactions
· Preparation of journal entries related to SHELTER-owned or leased properties
· Preparation of reconciliations and supporting work papers for all tenant and property related balance sheet accounts (accounts receivable, security deposits, prepaids, deferred rent, accruals, etc.)
· Collaborate with property department to create and manage property-level budgets
· Preparation and/or review of the CAM, real estate tax, insurance reconciliations
· Prepare monthly rent charges, statements, and Aged Receivable reports
· Review of all tenant cash receipts, making corrections to ledgers as necessary
· Resolve billing and payment discrepancies with vendors and tenants including preparation of tenant billback invoices
· Leverage Yardi to streamline financial processes; identifying opportunities for process improvement and recommend enhancements
· Assist in adopting best practices in property accounting
· Assists in completing and compiling financial support documentation for budget and Board of Director/Finance Committee meetings.
· At least three years of experience working in a comparable accounting role in a non-profit agency.
· Knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices.
· Property Management software experience, Yardi preferred
· Ability to understand excel spreadsheets and formulas and ability to import data to and export data from them.
· Ability to communicate issues and escalate discrepancies using strong oral/written communication skills and listening abilities.
· Ability to communicate across multiple teams and with governmental, foundations and other agencies.
· MUST MEET DEADLINES and be able to independently interpret and balance priorities between competing demands on time and resources.
· Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related fields.
· Experience processing Housing-Choice and/or Project-Based Vouchers through local housing authority or contract administrators.
· Familiarity with Code of Federal Regulations (CFR’s) related to permanent supportive housing for HUD-funded programs.
· Experience with Intacct or similar fund accounting software system.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.