Robert Half International Cloud Security Engineer in Coppell, Texas
As part of the Information Security team the Sr. Cloud Security Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of security in Azure, AWS, the IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and on-prem environments. This position will leverage the candidate's cloud and traditional infrastructure and development expertise in the areas of CI/CD pipeline security, API integration, and automation.
• Administer and manage MS Azure and AWS security for multiple environments, instances and tenants. Responsible for securing cloud access points (CAPs)
• Design and implement cloud security architecture for production and development environments.
• Serve as Infosec subject matter expert (SME) for DevOp teams, to assist with implementation of secure-SDLC.
• Administer, automate, and design security infrastructure in order to enforce security policies, audit controls and defend the enterprise.
• Administer and manage DLP, IDS/IPS, Endpoint Security and provide backup support for Firewall and WAF technologies.
• Lead internal security assessments and conduct continuous evaluation of cloud and on-prem security infrastructure configurations, architecture, and develop recommendations for system hardening and security enhancements.
• Monitor Infrastructure, network, and cloud operations and actively seek out vulnerabilities in the cloud and on-prem infrastructure and performs hands-on engineering, support, and analysis of a wide range of security technologies.
• Apply in-depth knowledge of network design processes, including an understanding of security objectives, operational objectives, and trade-offs.
• Assist with security investigations and evaluation of impact related to incidents.
• Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management, or related technologies in cloud environments.
• Apply the organization's security goals and objectives to develop and maintain risk-aware model network security architectures.
• Produce security reports for internal use and provide periodic status reports to make leadership and management aware of risks and vulnerabilities related to assigned cloud and on-prem infrastructure.
• Establish network security architecture review and governance process to evaluate the security of network architecture and designs in accordance with policies, standards, and industry best practices.
Education, Certifications & Experience
• BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar. Preferred MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar
• At least one (two preferred) certification in Infosec and Cloud domains like Security+, CEH, MS Azure Security Engineer, MS Azure Administration, CCNA Security, CCSP, or any other similar Infosec certification
• 10+ years of overall IT experience with network, systems, and administration
• 5+ years of experience in information and cybersecurity detect, defend and remediate disciplines
• 3+ years of Azure, cloud security, and IAM administration
• Hands-on experience with IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS administration and security management
• Experience in threat modeling, risk analysis, penetration testing, and security audits.
• Hands-on experience with various SIEM and Security tools (i.e. Splunk, Qualys, Veracode, Cisco, Palo
Requirements Microsoft Azure, CobiT, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.