Robert Half International Commercial Collections Specialist in Coppell, Texas
Accountemps is currently working with a highly reputable and growing financial lending company in Coppell, TX that is seeking to 4 Commercial Collections Specialists to their team on a contract to hire basis. This position will train in office and then move to a remote role until safe to return to the office on a full time basis.
The Commercial Collections Specialists will be responsible for the following:
• Contacts customers and establishes reason for past due account situation.
• Researches and analyzes accounts prior to initiating debtor contact examines historical data, evaluates past resolution efforts.
• Calls may need to be made prior to payment terms for assurance the needed paperwork has been received by the debtor in order to make a timely payment.
• Makes arrangements for payments to bring the account current and follow up to ensure obligation is satisfied.
• Records resolution notes in Delta of the above facts.
• If invoice will be paid short or not at all, gather information necessary for chargeback to client.
• If the Account Resolution Specialist determines the invoice will be paid short, then get the information to notify Account Executive of reason for short payment and amount.
• If debtor will not pay or is being uncooperative, first involve the client in the resolutions process.
• Once an invoice has aged 60 days from the invoice date, notify the Account Executive for possible hold on cash reserves for the amount of the invoice.
• At 60 days from invoice date, a claim could occur on the debtor’s bond or place a claim with the shipper.
• At 90 days from invoice date, the invoice may be charged back to the client’s reserve account.
• Communicate and follow up effectively with Portfolio Team members.
• Get direction from the Account Executive on problem accounts.
• Other duties and projects, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Will consider equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience in a customer service and business operations role in a fast-paced organization.
• Previous account resolution/collection experience is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of the transportation industry is a plus.
• Exceptional attention to detail skills and abilities required to succeed in this position.
• 10-key skills required.
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Salary: $16.00 - $18.00 / Hourly
Location: Coppell, TX
Date Posted: October 16, 2020
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 04060-9502728014
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance