Robert Half International Corporate Tax Manager in Covington, Louisiana
New Tax Manager opportunity on the Northshore of New Orleans with our large client in the high-tech industry sector! This role will lead and serve as primary point of contact for all third party tax support vendors regarding every aspect of the company's tax functions. The Tax Manager should possess strong communication and analytical skills and are expected to stay up-to-date with industry and government regulations through continuing education and subscriptions to professional journals. The candidates for the tax manager position need at least five years of tax accounting experience with a strong preference for experience in Big 4 public accounting or other larger regional tax firm and/or corporate tax experience. Our client requires a CPA.
Everyday you will get to:
• Reviewing corporate tax returns for completeness and accuracy
• Assisting with research and planning according to current tax laws, and evaluating the tax impact of current and proposed company activities and transactions
• Working with the director of accounting or controller on asset depreciation schedules and policies
• Implementing strategies to minimize corporate tax liability in accordance with current tax laws
• Supporting the tax director on tax audits by outside regulatory agencies
• Hiring, training and supervising tax staff
• Liaison with external tax advisors for multiple tax filings including:
o Monthly domestic sales tax and telecommunications tax returns
o Annual property tax filings
o Periodic foreign VAT and GST returns
• Review quarterly and annual U.S. and foreign tax provisions prepared by external tax advisors in accordance with ASC 740
• Review corporate consolidated state and federal income tax returns prepared by external tax advisors
• Assist with the filing of annual reports
• Perform research on federal, state, jurisdictional, and regulatory tax issues
• Assist with federal and state audits from various tax jurisdictions
• Prepare or review monthly tax journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
To be considered for an interview, candidates must have:
• CPA with 5+ years of Big 4 or large regional public accounting and/or corporate tax experience
• Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities, able to research complex tax matters and reach sound conclusions
• Experience with tax research software, NetSuite or other large ERP accounting package and sales and use tax compliance software is a plus
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of five years of tax experience in corporate or public accounting
• Bachelor’s degree (at a minimum) is required, with an emphasis in accounting, finance or law preferred
• Knowledge of and experience with sales, use, property, telecommunications, and regulatory tax principles is a plus
If you possess these requirement and are looking for a great team committed to a common corporate goal, please apply or call Carrie Lewis, CPA at 504-383-0612 for extremely confidential consideration. Thank you for your interest in Robert Half Finance and Accounting!
5+ years CPA, Corporate Tax Accounting and Preparation experience or Big 4 Public Accounting or large regional firm, ASC 740, Federal Income Tax
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.