Robert Half Medical Collections Specialist in Culver City, California
A Behavioral Health Company in Culver City is in the immediate need of Medical Collections Specialist with Behavioral Health experience. The Medical Collections Specialist is responsible for the timely resolution of outstanding accounts due from third party carriers, individual patients and refunds. This includes account analysis, insurance contact, written correspondence and denied claims. This company offers commission in addition to hourly wage.
•Insurance follow up via phone and through insurance portal
•This includes account analysis, telephone contact, written correspondence, financial arrangements for payments and recommendations for account write-off or agency assignment
• Complete inquiry forms accurately and completely to expedite account resolution
• Displays professional commitment and supports the unit team by promoting unity and teamwork among coworkers by maintaining a positive attitude and positive working relationships
• Handle incoming correspondence and returned mail on a timely basis
• Identify late charges, obtain supporting documentation, update contractual adjustment on the account and have a corrected claim submitted to the insurance carrier in a timely manner
• Maintain accurate and complete notes on the patient account note area within the current computer system
• Maintain productivity report for accounts within assigned responsibility and
• Meet or exceed productivity and monthly insurance collection goals as assigned by Manager
•Obtain all necessary documentation from patient, insurance company, or third payer intermediary to ensure all accounts are being resolved according to established hospital guidelines
• Obtain approvals per procedure guidelines for any adjustments
• Prepare refund request and obtain supporting documentation for credit balance resolution per established guidelines
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.