Robert Half International Staff Accountant in Cypress, Texas
Exciting Staff Accountant opportunity with growing manufacturing client! This is an opportunity to make and impact and grow your career. This role has a lot of visibility to operations and senior leadership within the organization.
• Measure, analyze, and develop metrics to aid in improving efficiency and effectiveness. Provide insight for specific improvements in plant material, labor, overhead, scrap, floor planning, inventory levels, staffing, etc. to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the manufacturing operation
• Monitor and report on project status and spending versus plan
• Review, enforcement and creation of Policies and Procedures in accordance to our corporate guidelines and GAAP
• Assist Finance and Accounting functions in performing audits and maintaining controls
• Quantify cost down initiatives for Procurement, Manufacturing and Design Engineering personnel
• Assist in preparation of multiple budgets and forecast cycles and reconciliation to previous submissions
• Assist project leaders with preparing capital requests including cost justification, IRR, etc.
• Inventory Accuracy; reconcile and maintain accurate inventory records within the scope of the manufacturing operation
• Ensure accurate fixed asset records are maintained for assets residing at supplier locations
• Monitor compliance and provide corrective support as it relates to internal audit
• Special Projects, Ad Hoc analysis, and reporting
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, MBA or master’s in accounting is a plus combined with 1+ years of Accounting related experience (can be a combination of internship and work experience), manufacturing cost accounting experience preferred. CPA is a plus! Big 4 audit experience is a huge plus!
• Proficient Microsoft Excel experience including the ability to summarize large amounts of data
• Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must as this role has a lot of visibility with operations and senior leadership.
For immediate confidential consideration, e-mail you resume directly to Edward.Welch@Roberthalf.com or contact 281-249-1266 and ask for Edward Welch.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Cypress, TX
Date Posted: November 18, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04130-0011600682
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance