Robert Half International Accounting Director in Dallas, Texas
Robert Half Finance and Accounting has partnered with an Internationally recognized client to recruit a Director of Accounting to manage their shared service operation. The Director of Accounting will play a key role staffing, training and cultivating a strong culture of efficiency, continuous process improvement and professionalism within the shared services team.
For more information Amanda Leone at 214.855.5070 (cell 317.625.8363)
• Oversee service delivery and day-to-day operations of the Shared Services team ensuring that all standards are met, and procedures are followed
• Develop and implement new work methods and procedures relating to shared services
• Effectively lead Shared Services team to resolve customer and vendor questions and queries
• Collaborate with managers, team leaders, colleagues, customers, vendors and other business partners
• Demonstrate focus on continuous process improvement
• Establish quality control mechanisms such as client surveys, periodic data quality assurance reviews and error escalation procedures
• Assist in creation of annual capital budgeting process to ensure compliance with fixed asset policies, procedures and SOX controls
• Ensure accurate data processing and administration across AR, AP and fixed assets responsibilities
• Plan and monitor staffing requirements and any other administrative functions required for a smoothly functioning shared services center
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with finance/accounting team leaders
• Build strong working rapport with all levels of operations management
• Keeping open communication with finance management on any discrepancies that may arise with AP/AR functions
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline, preferred
• Minimum of 15 years’ of relevant work experience in coordinating, leading and/or managing shared services functions
• Basic understanding of business process improvement techniques with experience in implementing change
• Experience in planning and prioritizing team workloads
• Providing high quality transaction processing services that meet all compliance, quality and risk measures
• Resolving queries and issues timely and accurately
• Previous experience with manufacturing, inventory and/or fixed assets management strongly preferred
• Understanding of Accounts Payable (A/P), Accounts Receivable (A/R) processes, Credit, Collections, Treasury and Cash Management
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.