Robert Half International Cloud Systems Engineer in Dallas, Texas
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Robert Half Technology's client in South Dallas is seeking a Cloud Systems Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis. This support role consists of managing and maintaining day-to-day operational support related to cloud infrastructure administration and management uptime of AWS, and on-prem environments. Will work with web development, database management, and security teams to design, build, orchestrate, automate, and maintain IaaS, PaaS, and storage solutions.
* PLEASE NOTE *
Position will be working from home 100% until regulations permit employees to go back to the office. This role will not stay 100% remote and candidates must be able to come into the office 2 to 3 days per week.
Schedule: This is a 9am to 5pm position. Must be able to work Sunday mornings for about 4 hours. This means you will get a different work week day off in exchange.
• Responsible for SDLC of web, mobile, and desktop applications.
• Work with users and stakeholders to determine requirements and design for systems
• Perform technical audits and digital tracking for websites and digital campaigns by performing spot checking of source code
• Regulate and manage web user access rights
• Coordinate with designers to agree and define site design and structure
Day to Day:
• Build extensive technical knowledge of virtual machines and applications operating in AWS IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments.
• Perform high-level, day-to-day operational administration of multi-user cloud-based computing systems including user management, audits patches, and upgrades.
• Support applications hosted in an AWS cloud environment, including deployments, patches, security checks, and maintenance.
• Perform cloud performance and cost analysis and optimize distributed cloud systems
• Upgrade and maintain Linux operating systems and applications
• Perform software installations, including support for Open Source tools, AWS Marketplace tools & COTS applications.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field plus 3 years related experience
• 5 years experience in Linux operating systems, 3+ years of experience building AWS infrastructure or migrating private on-premise solutions to the cloud.
• AWS administration: S3, monitoring, DNS, RDS, scaling and load balancing
• Web Server migrations between third party platforms or providers
• Linux deployment, administration, and security
• Automation scripting
• Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices.
• AWS costs and performance analysis.
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Dallas, TX
Date Posted: January 7, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04951-0011612575
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT