Robert Half International Director – Shared Services in Dallas, Texas
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is seeking a Director of Accounting for a direct to hire opportunity in Dallas. The Director of Accounting will be a member of a dynamic accounting team comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers. The team handles day to day financial reporting, accounting activities for the organization, as well as maintain the appropriate internal controls. Your leadership skills, vast understanding of accounting principles, and ability to close gaps in business processes will be your keys to success in directing corporate accounting (fixed assets, leasing and accruals).
For more information Amanda Leone at 214.855.5070 (cell 317.625.8363)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for corporate accounting to include fixed assets, leasing and accruals with heavy concentration in payroll and compensation related items.
• Ensure best practices pertaining to the handling of complex compensation transactions for both Payroll/Compensation Accounting and make sure the journal entries are recorded to the General Ledger.
• Demonstrate knowledge in the areas of payroll and compensation related items such as restricted stock, benefits, stock options, deferred comp, 401K, etc.
• Implement high quality performance management processes, documenting goals, addressing performance issues, and developing and challenging team members to exceed expectations.
• Direct accounting team through the full accounting cycle and direct accounting projects through their life-cycle, resolving issues and escalation of risks as needed.
• Work very closely with HR to ensure Compensation Plans are in Accordance with GAAP.
• Lead team in the successful execution of full cycle accounting calendars on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP, providing clear direction, resolving obstacles, and ensuring a high-quality review process; includes journal entry processing, account reconciliations, fluctuation explanations, internal and external financial reporting, SOX controls, and other analyses.
• Write, maintain, prepare, and review monthly consolidated financial statements and related reports.
• Assist in the budgeting and forecast expense process.
• Partner cross-functionally to understand business transactions and ensure that transactional activities are complete and coded accurately.
• Drive continuous business process improvement through the design and implementation of technologies as well as consistently looking to implement efficiencies in processes and procedures.
The successful Director of Accounting will possess the following:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
• CPA is preferred
• 10+ years of progressive accounting experience
• Prefer 3-5+ years leading and managing an accounting team in a mid-to-large sized company
• Experience with ensuring that all Payroll and Compensation accounting is recorded to the General Ledger
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to collaborate with other departments
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
• System conversion experience
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.