Robert Half Network Server Administrator in DALLAS, Texas
POSITION: NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
LOCATION: DALLAS, HYBRID
DURATION: 6 MONTH CONTRACT TO HIRE
The Network & Server Administrator candidate is responsible for providing software, hardware, and network problem resolution by performing diagnostics and guiding users through step-by-step solutions. Assists with the secure operation of the in-house computer systems, servers, and network connections in accordance with our internal processes, procedures, and compliance requirements. The candidate’s tasks also include assisting with regularly scheduled audits on internal systems and hosting third-party audits as required to maintain certifications and compliance certificates. The candidate must be able to clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner and provide one-on-one end-user training as needed
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
· Provide Tier I/II/III end user support.
· Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
· Monitor network performance and identify & resolve problem areas.
· Maintaining computer networks including mainframes, VPNs, routers, and other physical hardware
· Installing and configuring network equipment.
· Configuring firewalls and updating virus protection software and data security systems to keep data and communications protected.
· Comprehensive understanding of network services and networks such as TCP/IP, OSPF, and EIGRP.
· In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of networking systems such as LANs, firewalls, routers, and printers.
· Complete regular system maintenance including software upgrades and operating system updates and patches.
· Ensure LAN, WAN, and IT-supported equipment and networks are secure.
· Educate on and support productivity solutions, such as Office 365 apps (e.g., phone system, SharePoint, Exchange Online, Office Online, Skype for Business, OneDrive, etc.).
· Administer and support Office 365 and accompanying apps such as SharePoint and Exchange Online.
· Assist with server and network infrastructure maintenance and troubleshooting, including monthly server security patching.
· Possess the ability to think on your feet to deliver solutions on the fly when unplanned obstacles get in the way
Must have experience with:
O365 administration and support
Active Directory including Group Policy
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.