Robert Half International Purchasing Agent in DALLAS, Texas
Description Under general supervision, provides central purchasing of supplies, materials and equipment, and required external services; responds to requests for information within the scope of authority.
• Procures supplies, services and equipment for assigned departments in compliance with DHA procurement policy and procedures.
• Provides customer support to DHA staff concerning purchase requirements; accesses and locates information for customers, staff, authorized agencies and others.
• Reviews purchase requests; prepares requests for quotations, determines correct solicitation method and sources to be solicited; solicits and registers vendors and contractors; evaluates and confirms bids; compiles, validates and processes required documentation; recommends approval and obtains necessary signatures within scope of authority.
• Creates purchase orders and processes through required approval process; prepares and updates reports, records and related documents; responds to inquiries and resolves issues within scope of authority.
• Assists in preparing and coordinating construction bids, request for proposals, and request for qualifications; addresses questions and other issues that arise during the process. • Maintains contract database and track contract validity.
• Maintains file integrity and confidentiality by adhering to DHA policies and procedures; assures the accuracy of the electronic and paper filing systems; researches files to monitor vendor performance, obtains requested information, inserts additional data, and checks accuracy of documents.
• Monitors and manages inventory of standard supplies.
• Enters requisition and vendor information into computer system and other records.
• Explains nature of DHA programs, procedures and services to clients; maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, client records and DHA information.
• Supports the relationship between DHA and the constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and DHA
Associate Degree, AND three (3) year’s experience purchasing supplies for a large business; public agency purchasing experience preferred; OR equivalent combination of education and experience. Requirements Create Purchase, Corporate Procurement, Manage Vendor Relationships, Inventory Reports, Supply Inventory
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.