Robert Half International Sr. Internal Auditor in Dallas, Texas
Exciting Uptown Dallas CPA firm! incredible benefits, flexible schedules and plenty of growth potential.
- Assume full responsibility for completion of engagements (planning, fieldwork, report drafting, final wrap-up) and special assignments using established firm policies and procedures such as AuditWatch, ProFx Engagement, checklists, & planning tools.
- Proactively works on technical (more difficult) sections first and demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of detail oriented and firm standards.
- Bring any technical issues to the attention of the manager, principal or partner on the engagement.
- Establish client and filing deadlines in the planning stage and meet those deadlines.
- Coordinate various phases of engagements, plan engagements, budget time and expenses, monitor actual performance against budget and communicate status to supervisor, manager, principal and partner.
- Prepare and/or review working papers for accuracy and completeness.
- Supervise workflow of Staff I, Staff II and Semi-Senior accountants assigned to engagement.
- Perform preliminary analytical procedures, prepare engagement letter, and assess risk.
- Follow various checklists to completion including planning, fieldwork and wrap-up checklist.
- Determine the extent of sampling required and selects the transactions to be tested.
- Assign work of staff members on the engagement based on their knowledge and capabilities and monitor their progress.
- Support training of staff members, offer guidance and direction, and give constructive criticism of working papers.
- Ensure that working papers, financial statements, tax returns, and management letters are prepared in accordance with detail oriented and firm standards on a timely basis.
- Communicate engagement’s progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to the manager, principal or partner working on the engagement.
- Review with manager, principal or partner significant findings that raise questions immediately involving accounting principles or statement presentation.
- Prepare and manage audit binders and working papers in ProFx Engagement; perform various procedures established under GAAP and GAAS to verify accuracy and validity of client’s financial matters.
- Conduct research necessary to complete the audit.
- Suggest client tax planning ideas to supervisor, manager, principal or partner.
- Prepare routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a partner; draft management letters.
- Prepare financial statements including footnotes and audit reports.
- Prepare appropriate tax return for review by the tax department.
- Perform the broadest range of accounting tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers, principals or partners is kept to a minimum.
- Review disclosure checklist.
- Study and evaluate clients’ internal controls.
CPA or candidate
2+ years public audit experience
real estate exposure is a plus
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Location: Dallas, TX
Date Posted: January 12, 2019
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Reference: 04380-0010488141
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting & Finance