Robert Half International Systems Security Officer in DALLAS, Texas
Major Duties and Essential Functions
• Coordinates the continuous development, implementation and updating of security and privacy policies, standards, guidelines, baselines, processes and procedures.
• Provide overall security program strategic direction to improve the information security posture and assurance level of the organization.
• Plan, design and audit policies and procedures which safeguard the integrity of and access to systems and electronic information in order to guard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure.
• Identifies vulnerabilities to the network, applications, and data systems.
• Develop and manage the frameworks, processes, tools and consultancy necessary for IT to properly manage risk and to make risk-based decisions related to IT activities.
• Proactive identification and mitigation of IT risks as well as responding to observations identified by third party auditors or examiners while assisting in the development of periodic reports presenting the level of controls compliance and current IT risk posture.
• Assist CTO with the audits and facilitate management response and remediation efforts. Ensure overall IT compliance with regulatory requirements through proactive planning and communication, ownership and relationships.
• Receives allegations of security incidents and conducts complex investigations; prepares written findings, recommendations and follow up evaluation; and analyzes patterns and trends.
• Coordinates CUTX information security incident response and reporting for events or exploited vulnerabilities including unauthorized system or network access, denial of service, inappropriate data access, data corruption, and/or collection of private or confidential information.
• Responsible to continuously stay up to date with developments in I.T. security standards and threats.
• Experience in risk, compliance, and information security policy development.
• Demonstrated experience in, or working knowledge of, several information security and compliance related disciplines to include: Information Security, Business Continuity, disaster recovery planning and testing, risk analysis, and auditing.
• Experience with development of educational programs in the area of security awareness.
• Knowledge and experience with networking concepts, protocols, and services.
• Knowledge and experience in setup, maintenance, and security of Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to understand and clearly relate to other members of the organization, technical manuals, software specifications and general methods of network operations and security.
• Routine contact is required with IT managers, subject matter experts and periodic contact is required with users.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or 10 years equivalent experience. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other information systems security certifications.
Experience: 5 + years' experience operating as a security resource in an enterprise environment. Experience with Palo Alto firewalls, Salesforce, Mulesoft, Cloud Security best practices, Proofpoint, Office 365 security
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.