Robert Half Benefits Analyst in DAVENPORT, Iowa
The Benefits Analyst provides support for administration and management of retirement and health and welfare benefit programs. The role is responsible for plan interpretation, and guidance for employees, HR staff, and people managers. The position’s primary functions are to research, analyze, administer, and evaluate the company's benefit plans. The Benefits Analyst keeps up-to-date on legislative and regulatory changes related to ERISA, HIPAA, and other areas of benefit plan compliance.
Working in the Human Resources Department reporting to the Director, Benefits, the Benefits Analyst will be responsible for the following primary duties:
• Supports administration of benefit plans including compliance testing, annual enrollment, and reporting for medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, disability, HSA, wellness, and 401k/pension plans
• Collaborates with external and internal stakeholders (carriers, HR, finance, IT, payroll, etc) to ensure proper operation of the plans
• Manages open enrollment cycle by collaborating with external and internal partners to ensure: plan changes are updated and tested in the benefits systems, communication assets are developed and made available to employees, completion of required mailings, scheduling of employee meetings, other duties as assigned
• Works to drive positive employee experience by collaborating with HR, legal, and corporate communications to ensure clear communication and education of plan details/ plan changes as well as escalating and resolving employee issues in a timely manner.
• Develops and presents employee education materials related to new hire orientation, open enrollment, and other benefit initiatives
• Engages with vendor partners to oversee accurate and cost-effective delivery of services, maintain plan operation in compliance with plan documents, and resolution of employee concerns
• Coordinates with benefits administration partners on employee eligibility, enrollment, processing qualifying event changes, new hire onboarding, and other participant administrative issues.
• Assists with annual 401(k) and retirement plan audit work. Works with external auditor and other partners to complete work for purposes of issuing plan financial statements of timely regulatory filings
• Works to ensure successful completion of all annual compliance activities including but not limited to: 401(k) plan non-discrimination testing, 5500 filings, CMS filings, ACA filings, and state and local leave laws where applicable.
• Assists in analysis to determine metrics for health and wellness program success
• Assists with leave administration and invoicing, as needed
What you’ll need: (Required to perform this role)
• Minimum 3 years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel data manipulation tools like pivot tables, and lookup functions
Preferred Skills/additional Success Factors:
• Experience in: HRIS Systems (Ceridian Dayforce is a plus but not required).
• Experience in: Mergers and Acquisitions (M& A)
• Strong knowledge of: health and welfare programs including healthcare, life, disability, leave, and wellness
• Strong knowledge of: retirement plans, including 401(k), defined benefit pension, and non-qualified plan approaches
• Basic Understanding of: Federal and state regulations including but not limited to: ACA, FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA
• Working knowledge of: Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
• Ability to: Compile, analyze, and interpret plan data
• Ability to: Manage outside vendors
• Ability to: Work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to: Provide customer service to employees at all levels by meeting the employee on their terms
APPLY TODAY if interested and qualified- you can also send your resume directly to leasha.carpenter@roberthalf com
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.