Robert Half International Payroll Supervisor/Manager in DAYTON, Ohio
Growing Dayton company is seeking a Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager is responsible for preparation and accurate processing of bi-weekly, multi-state/company payrolls for both Canadian and U.S. payroll operations.
· Inputs and audits payroll transactions, employee tax information; reconciles employee data and deduction changes and maintains records of new hires, terminations, and employee changes
· Processes wage verifications and garnishment requests.
· Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
· Assist with month end payroll reconciliations and year-end reconciliation of employee records for processing W-2 forms.
· Maintenance of timekeeping system
· Prepare and review internal payroll reports as well as ad hoc payroll reports as needed
· Review, upload, and reconcile interface files from internal HR system and 3rd party vendors
· Monitor and support employee inquiries via payroll helpdesk and telephone.
· Canadian payroll processing to include a basic understanding of taxation, deductions, ROEs,
T-4s and RL-1’s.
· Respond to inquiries from 3rd parties and government agencies.
· Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner
· Associates degree in accounting preferred, but not mandated. FPC or CPP is a plus
· Minimum of 6 years of solid payroll experience required with progressive payroll experience in a multi-state environment.
- Experience with Canadian payroll processing a strong plus
· Proven knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, tax filing requirements and W-2 reporting.
· Strong written and communication skills, detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage time sensitive tasks.
· Ability to analyze data and conduct research.
· Knowledge of payroll systems (ADP, Paycom, Paycor etc…)
For more information, email Jason Young @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 / Yearly
Location: DAYTON, OH
Date Posted: November 19, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 03370-0011625455
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance