Robert Half Director of Accounting in Deerfield Beach, Florida
Description This position assists the VP of Finance and Accounting in the oversight of the Company’s accounting department and general ledger completeness and accuracy; responsible for enforcing and maintaining a system of internal controls that ensures that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, SOX requirements and US GAAP.
• Act as a strategic business partner through the development of robust month-end close processes.
• Oversee the general accounting function, which includes internal financial reporting, month-end close, account reconciliations, billing and inter-company accounting and balance sheet management.
• Ensure monthly financial close process and preparation of financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows are delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assist the VP of Finance with implementation of the Sarbanes Oxley activities relative to internal controls documentation and testing and segregation of duties.
• Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are enforced and maintained to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
• Assist the VP of Finance with implementation of Company and department-wide policies and procedures.
• Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents before final sign-off of VP of Finance
• Assist with design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures in accordance with USGAAP, including lease accounting, inventory management and fixed assets.
• Be the Main contact point for the internal and external auditors. Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records and financial reviews.
• Responsible for accounting of leases, review, and analysis of lease agreements.
• Oversee inventory compliance.
• Review and approve journal entries.
• Oversee reporting of sales and use tax and ensure reconciliation between internal records and payments.
• Oversee timely, accurate filing and compliance with federal and state tax requirements.
• Train, develop and provide support to the accounting team and associated departments.
• Perform other duties or special projects, as assigned by the VP of Finance and COO Requirements
Annual External Audit, Annual Internal Audit, Audit - Financial, Audit, Annual Audited Financial Statements, Month End Close, Annual Physical Inventory, Asset Inventory, Annual Inventory, Adequate Inventory, Annual Financial Reporting, Audited Financial Statements, Complex Financial Analysis, Complex Financial Models, Analyze Financial Statements, Annual Financial Plan, Ad Hoc Financial Analysis
· Experience in identifying and implementing process improvements
· Ability to independently troubleshoot and solve problems, analyze, plan, lead and manage projects
· Ability to influence others independently, without the benefit of authority
· Proactively assist others. Step in and help when, and as needed
· Ability to solve problems and apply creative and timely solutions
· Establish and maintain effective relationships. Seek to understand needs and deliver solutions that meet expectations
· Accountability & Ownership - Follow through on commitments
· Collaborate with others to achieve shared objectives and get work done
· Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs
· Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand, adherence to Company policies and requirements while consistently delivering error free results
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.