Robert Half International Internal Auditor in Denver, Colorado
real estate investment company seeks a Senior Internal Auditor for its rapidly growing corporate office. In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing and determining the reliability of internal controls, supporting annual risk assessment and corporate Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, preparing audit reports, reporting results to management and other related duties. This is a dynamic position that requires working with personnel across all functions of the company and at varying levels of responsibility.
• Development and execution of the annual test plan
• Preparation of end-to-end process documentation including narratives, control descriptions, risk control matrices, test plans and test results evaluations
• Coordination with process owners to remediate internal control deficiencies and to implement operational improvement opportunities
• Coordination with external auditors
• Supervise staff assigned to projects and provide mentorship and overall review of deliverables
• Provide technical consultations to process owners on SOX compliance and internal control policies
• Identification of opportunities to increase efficiency and/or reduce costs related to the SOX compliance effort
• Maintain proficient-level knowledge of SOX-related technical guidance and standards (i.e., PCAOB, SEC, COSO) through ongoing research, training, and monitoring of news/events
• Minimal travel (less than 5%)
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree and/or experience
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification preferred
• 5+ years of relevant experience with 1 – 3 years of experience in auditing and/or SOX/Advisory
• Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred
• Strong knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements
• Proficient in risk assessment and risk-based auditing
• Knowledge of revenue recognition for multiple-element arrangements is a plus
• Extensive finance and accounting knowledge, including detailed understanding of financial auditing
• Proven analytical skills - defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing valid conclusions, and recommending improvement/corrective actions
• Exceptional communication skills that provide the ability to interact with all levels of the organization with a high customer service orientation
Robert Half Management Resources matches senior-level financial consultants with remote or on-site jobs for interim and long-term opportunities in areas such as internal auditing, mergers and acquisitions, tax initiatives, and much more. Our staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.