Robert Half Staff Accountant in DENVER, Colorado
The purpose of the Staff Accountant is to perform key accounting functions covering various activities to ensure accurate general ledger close and timely financial reporting. This role will be directly responsible for maintaining the accuracy of financial records and transactions including journal and general ledger entries, and account reconciliations. Additionally, this position requires direct interaction with the Operations teams to facilitate accurate and timely payments/receipts to/from clients and their employees.
· Reconciliations - Ensure assigned GL/bank accounts and balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and any variances investigated, resolved, and documented
· Process Improvements - Participate in a variety of ad-hoc reports, special projects, process improvements, and analyses as necessary
· Accurate Records - Ensure all work is properly documented and stored and is ready for Auditor review
· Redundancy - Cross-train and back-up team members for daily/monthly tasks
Requirements and Qualifications
· Accounting or related degree is required
· 3+ years of related work experience
· Bonus - PEO experience
· Organization/Planning - Able to multitask to deal with urgent client matters while also completing routine monthly activities
· Integrity - Demonstrate fiscal responsibility for company assets
· Independence - Able to effectively work independently
· Team player - Prioritize team needs and goals/willing to dive in as necessary
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.