Robert Half Tax Director/Manager - Corporate in Des Moines, Iowa
Description Financial services industry leader hiring a FULLY REMOTE Investment Tax Manager! In this role you will:
• Provide tax technical analysis to the AVP, Tax on specific new investments that will support the company’s evaluation of the investment that will include for quantifying and identifying tax risks/costs related to new investments
• Prepare tax research memos documenting the tax conclusions, including documenting the understanding of accounting treatment
• Collaborate with AVP, Investment Taxation and other functional areas (e.g. Investment Accounting, Middle Office, Legal, Financial Reporting, Financial Advisory) to perform operational onboarding of new investments
• Responsible for reviewing legal documents related to the new investments to provide understanding of the nature of the investment and identify any tax issues that need to be addressed
• Provide tax technical analysis on the complex or unusual transactions related to the existing portfolios, including but not limited to derivatives, structured bonds, limited partnerships, hedging, swaps, LITHC, mortgages and alternative investments
• Research, analyze, quantify and document tax implications of Company’s material tax positions as well as provide research support for the tax department.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have a BA in Accounting, CPA certification, 7+ years related experience, some of which must be in investment tax research. Requirements Tax - Research & Planning, Tax - Corporate
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.