Robert Half International Analyst, Data / Database II in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Our client is looking for an Oracle Database Administrator in the Boston area.
Performs Oracle Database Administration tasks on Oracle Databases and has demonstrated expertise in below areas:
• Installation of Oracle Database Software
• Perform Backups and Restorations using Export/Import, Data Pump
• Configures Physical and Logical Data Guard, Replication, Messaging Queuing
• Performs Performance Tuning
• Ability to write Shell Scripts, SQL, PLSQL and analyze OEM Reports
• Ability to work with Customers on various Managed Services and Professional Services Projects along with a team of Engineers based in Onsite and Offshore locations.
• Experience with AWS or Azure or other Cloud Platforms
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• How Oracle and the OS integrate.
• Third party backup tape solutions integration with Oracle software (Especially Appian)
• Deep understanding of Oracle Backup and Recovery.
• ASM (Automated Storage Management) database administration.
• Deep knowledge of various operating systems on which customers run Oracle
• Assist with interviewing candidates for team growth.
• Customer Management and account administration
• Technical Support for Oracle, including management of databases, listeners and other database components.
• Perform ongoing database administration, maintenance, performance, installation, upgrades, backup and recovery of Oracle databases.
• Provide on-call support as part of a rotational schedule.
• Ensure continued high customer satisfaction through ongoing account management.
• Work with customers to measure and manage service levels.
• Oversee the completion of projects including planning, assigning, monitoring, reviewing progress, and evaluating results.
• Ensure effective flow of communication between the DBA team, customers, and management.
• Reviews and help correct SQL Code for performance improvements.
• Provide assistance in understanding the technologies and related topics
• Answers user questions regarding environment and project planning
• Confers with co-workers to determine impact of database changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes to database.
• Modifies SQL to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning.
• Performs the essential functions of the job within a certain period based on the statement of work or client project
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.