Robert Half International Analyst, Data / Database II in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Our client is looking for an Oracle Database Administrator in the Boston area.
Performs Oracle Database Administration tasks on Oracle Databases and has demonstrated expertise in below areas:
• Installation of Oracle Database Software
• Perform Backups and Restorations using Export/Import, Data Pump
• Configures Physical and Logical Data Guard, Replication, Messaging Queuing
• Performs Performance Tuning
• Ability to write Shell Scripts, SQL, PLSQL and analyze OEM Reports
• Ability to work with Customers on various Managed Services and Professional Services Projects along with a team of Engineers based in Onsite and Offshore locations.
• Experience with AWS or Azure or other Cloud Platforms
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• How Oracle and the OS integrate.
• Third party backup tape solutions integration with Oracle software (Especially Appian)
• Deep understanding of Oracle Backup and Recovery.
• ASM (Automated Storage Management) database administration.
• Deep knowledge of various operating systems on which customers run Oracle
• Assist with interviewing candidates for team growth.
• Customer Management and account administration
• Technical Support for Oracle, including management of databases, listeners and other database components.
• Perform ongoing database administration, maintenance, performance, installation, upgrades, backup and recovery of Oracle databases.
• Provide on-call support as part of a rotational schedule.
• Ensure continued high customer satisfaction through ongoing account management.
• Work with customers to measure and manage service levels.
• Oversee the completion of projects including planning, assigning, monitoring, reviewing progress, and evaluating results.
• Ensure effective flow of communication between the DBA team, customers, and management.
• Reviews and help correct SQL Code for performance improvements.
• Provide assistance in understanding the technologies and related topics
• Answers user questions regarding environment and project planning
• Confers with co-workers to determine impact of database changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes to database.
• Modifies SQL to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning.
• Performs the essential functions of the job within a certain period based on the statement of work or client project
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.