Robert Half International Desktop Support in Durham, North Carolina
Robert Half Technology. is seeking a Help Desk Technician to support the management of IT Operations. This position is responsible for maintaining quality IT Help Desk services and driving change for the business.
• Provide hardware and software IT support and technical education to end users remotely
• Troubleshoot Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and printer devices via chat, video conference, phone and keep excellent record using the ServiceNow ticketing system
• Triage, assign, resolve, and escalate incoming tickets, phone calls, and chat messages
• General network troubleshooting for connectivity issues with VPN, secure Wi-Fi, and wired connectivity to the internal network
• Onboarding administration of new hires including building user accounts and providing access as needed
• Examine, design, and implement new internal procedures to improve office procedures
• Solve issues, drive enhancements, and improve support for all IT-related functions on a day to day basis Qualifications: Technical Qualifications
• A deep understanding of root cause analysis
• Strong understanding of Windows OS (MacOS is a plus)
• Strong knowledge in OS configuration, troubleshooting performance issues, general system issues, and applications such as MS Office and Remote Desktop Connection
• Working knowledge of the below systems:
• Active Directory administration
• Microsoft Office applications including MS Teams and OneDrive
• Office 365 and basic mail server troubleshooting
• MDM and Device Enrollment
• Multi-factor authentication
• Basic SSO integration and management
• Video Conference tools such as Cisco WebEx and Teams
• ServiceNow ITSM
• Basic network understanding including TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, VPN and the ability to troubleshoot them on PC or Mac.
• Working knowledge of the below systems is desirable:
• Atlassian tools such as Jira & Confluence
• Command line interface
• RSA Secure ID administration
• Mac hardware and software
• Laptop deployment Skills
• Ability to deliver outstanding customer service and provide simplified explanations of complex technical issues
• Ability to apply critical thinking and root cause analysis to complex end user requests and incidents to deliver the best possible solution
• Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to support others in a team environment
• Ability to work with limited supervision and stay focused while performing repetitive tasks
• Ability to adapt to changing needs and business processes
• Detail-oriented and action-oriented
• Positive and approachable attitude
• Strong level of emotional intelligence
• Strong documentation and communication skills
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.