Systems Engineer in Durham, North Carolina
Rober Half currently has a client in the Durham, North Carolina area looking to add a Systems Engineer to their team!
What to Expect
• Create automated tools for monitoring day-to-day operations including function, capacity, and SLA
• Maintain systems’ compliance with patch management, software upgrades and risk mitigation
• Create, maintain, and test failover, business continuity and disaster recovery plans
• Train other team members on Cloud Operations
• Cloud Migration Projects
• Migrate applications to public clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM
• Support load testing and benchmarking projects with cloud infrastructure (compute, storage, databases)
• Support QA team with cloud infrastructure
• Perform database migrations from on premises to public clouds
• Create multi-AZ, multi-region reliable distributed cloud architectures
• Watch and analyze application performance; develop resource requirements for cloud applications
• Watch and analyze public cloud billing and budgets
• DevOps Automation Projects
• Create and support Infrastructure-as-Code for "one-click" deployment of Cabnit applications on public clouds
• Work closely with the development team to integrate their build and test pipelines into cloud deployment processes
• Test and analyze public clouds' Kubernetes services (EKS, AKS, GKE, IBM)
• Create and support reliable containerized implementations of applications
• Test and analyze availability and scalability solutions in Kubernetes services
• Public clouds knowledge: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud; vendor certifications is a big plus
• Automation platforms knowledge: Ansible, Terraform, Skaffold
• Container technologies knowledge: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
• DevOps tools knowledge: Jenkins, Gradle
• Linux administration skills, Git, SQL, XML, YaML
• Windows administration skills
• Security skills: RBAC, firewalls, federated identity
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.