Robert Half Site Engineer in EAST LANSING, Michigan
We are looking for a passionate technologist to assure the high availability and stability of our products. The successful candidate must have a can-do attitude and competency in delivering innovative and practical solutions to achieve our technology and business objectives.
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
• Build knowledge on how the applications works, its underlying infrastructure, architecture, and data relationships.
• Perform daily monitoring tasks.
• Triage and address escalations from Customer Support and other Technology Operations teams.
• Perform quality assurance tasks
• Work with cross functional team of Customer Support, Development, Technology Operations and SRE teams to research and resolve critical issues.
• Debug and correct application configurations, codes, database queries, and data to restore services.
• Collaborate with the development and product management teams for any solutions that required non-operational development engagement.
• Provide, review and execute ad hoc database changes.
• Collaborate with other Technology Operations and development teams to ensure proactive monitoring, high availability, and performance of products to achieve the best customer experience.
• Take ownership of root cause analysis to resolve problems permanently.
• Automate solutions and support processes.
• Create and maintain runbooks that outlined support procedures.
• Collaborate with others to innovate and implement solutions to optimize product and team performance.
• Communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical teams.
• Comply with standard processes and security policies when implementing solutions.
• Support production deployment and other projects as required.
• Be on call as required to respond to emergency escalations.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or established professionals with relevant experience.
• Basic scripting skills such as Python or other relevant languages preferred
• Exposure to any Linux based platforms such as but not limited to CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Oracle Linux preferred
• Understanding of relational databases, specifically Oracle SQL Server, and ability to write complex SQL queries.
• Basic knowledge to navigate on AWS environment is preferred.
• Candidate without Windows, Linux or AWS experience must demonstrate a keen interest and self-motivated to pick up new technology.
• A fast learner.
• A problem solver.
• Ability to document procedures.
• Able to meet deadlines.
• Good communication skills. Able to deliver the message effectively to a technical and non-technical audience.
• Able to comply with processes and procedures.
• Able to maintain professional composure in any situations.
• Flexible in working extended hours on occasions or as required.
• Exposure in the insurance industry is desired but not mandatory.
• Driven to improve, personally and professionally
• Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment with ability to work in a team.
Requirements Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle SQL
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.