Robert Half Business Analyst in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
We are seeking a Business Analyst who can support proven strategic financial planning methods, build long-range operating plans to support business imperatives, develop rolling forecast processes to ensure resources each and every quarter are consumed at maximum effectiveness. You will also help with operationalizing and cultivating a more data-driven planning process and improved monthly and quarterly reporting. In this role, you will be directly involved in the coordination of the various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts and monthly outlooks), and be the analyst point person working a cross-functional team (Sales leadership, Business Operations, Marketing leadership, and Sales Operations) while providing strategic analyses and recommendations. You will provide variance analysis of job costing, revenues and expenses, marketing expenses and effectiveness, and more to explain the business reasons for variances and adjusting the outlook models to reflect operational adjustments.
Your responsibilities in this role
• Seeking a highly flexible individual comfortable with large amounts of information, and adept at managing expectations
• Supporting weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment level Bookings and P& L forecasting
• Analyzing performance to date and assessing potential risks and opportunities
• Understanding and explaining internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
• Learning and applying econometric and statistical methods to forecasting
• Enabling effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide forward-looking insight and decision support
• Drive the strategy and business planning process
• Become embedded within the Marketing and Customer Success organizations. Establish trust and quickly understand the key drivers of the business, economic trends and core metrics
• Work with senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation and prioritization
• Work closely with cross-functional partners in Accounting, Recruiting, People and Operations to execute against plans
• Track monthly and quarterly performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and enable business partners to handle their resources in the best way possible
• Drive monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required
• Work with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly financial close process
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.