Robert Half International Cost Accountant in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Robert Half is assisting a high profile client with their next Cost Accounting hire!
The Sr. Cost Accountant is responsible for various accounting activities with an emphasis on compiling and analyzing financial information & reporting. Analyze & interpret financial data & recommend changes to improve systems and financial performance. Maintain accounting policies & practices to ensure accurate & reliable data necessary for business operations.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Ensure accurate costs are maintained for all products and raw materials. Facilitate communication with appropriate parties to correct any discrepancies found on Bills of Materials or Routings.
• Develop standard overhead and labor rates for use in product costing.
• Perform various cost roll-ups to update product standard costs.
• Analyze costs for new products, components and assemblies.
• Perform product-cost analysis on specific products when requested.
• Analyze variances from Budget and advise management of situations needling attention.
• Analyze Purchase Prices Variances (PPV).
• Process manufacturing transactions, analyze variances & report results.
• Cycle Count Generation and variance reporting.
• Perform analysis of aged, excess and obsolete inventory.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual cost reports. Create new reports when necessary.
• General ledger account reconciliations & analysis required.
• Prepare appropriate journal entries.
• Compile & analyze financial information.
• Assist Cost Accounting Manager with monthly close, reporting and financial statement preparation.
• Assist with preparation of annual budget.
• Responsible for annual fixed asset audit.
• Provide financial support to manufacturing leaders.
• Complete other duties and projects as assigned by Cost Accounting Manager or Controllers.
• Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Finance or Accounting.
• Standard Costing experience.
• 5 years’ experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
• 5 years of financial analysis including product cost, variances, inventory, account reconciliations etc.
• 5-10% travel to manufacturing sites
• High degree of accuracy and mathematical aptitude.
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to coordinate the efforts of people in different departments.
• Experience working in an ERP system environment.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office programs, particularly Excel. Microsoft Access experience
• Experience in an ad hoc reporting system a plus.
• Good project and time management skills.
• Results orientated – problem solving while following policies and procedures.
For immediate consideration reach me at Mark.Allen # roberthalf # com or on linkedin!
Requirements Cost - Standard, Cost Accounting
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.