Robert Half International Backend Software Engineer in Edison, New Jersey
We are seeking an experienced C# / .Net developer with solid database and backend skills to deliver critical business functionality and help us grow! As part of a small, passionate team supporting a large and complex ecosystem of applications, tools and partnerships, your work here will be noticed, appreciated, tested, and deployed. The developer must have initiative, drive, and a strong work ethic. The position balances a fast-paced work environment with doing things meticulously and properly; working independently within highly collaborative integrated teams; creating new code while ensuring it doesn't break the previous version. The perfect candidate should love solving complex technical problems across all levels of software architecture, development, and debugging.
• Design, develop, and maintain new and existing code for internal software products. Products include C#/.Net Web/Web API applications, data management tools, ETL processes and 3rd party API integrations.
• Write readable, extensible, testable code, while being mindful of performance requirements.
• Create, maintain, and run unit tests for new and existing code, with a goal of delivering defect-free and well-tested code.
• Work with management to create and adhere to schedules, while maintaining flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
• Keep up-to-date on best practices and new technologies.
• Conduct design and code reviews and collaborate to ensure your own code passes review.
• Work with Project Management Team and business stakeholders to analyze, clarify and deliver on requirements and scope.
• Collaborate with Technology Team on system architecture and design.
• Work with IT Administrators to plan for, implement and support high-performance, well-instrumented software.
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Abilities
• Expertise in C#, .NET Framework, ASP.NET Web API, ADO.NET.
• Expertise with XML, JSON, REST, Web APIs.
• Expertise with Microsoft SQL Server data design, stored procedure development and SSIS development.
• Experience with unit/integration testing and continuous integration (VSTest, NUnit, QUnit, MOQ, Ninject etc.).
• Experience with ASP.NET (MVC and Web Forms)
• Solid understand of OOP design principles and practical application of common paradigms.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A minimum of 7 years relevant experience or a BA, BS or Microsoft in Computer Science and 4 years relevant experience.
• Microsoft SQL Server SSAS and SSRS.
• Power BI, Tableau or other data visualization tools.
• TFS source control and build automation.
• Understanding of modern web technologies, including responsive design, MVVM, and HTTP caching and performance best practices.
For immediate consideration, please submit your updated resume to Kelly.Clark@rht.com
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Location: Edison, NJ
Date Posted: January 11, 2021
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 02720-0011605058
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT