Robert Half Comptroller in Edison, New Jersey
My client, a reputable not for profit organization located in Edison, NJ has an opportunity for a Comptroller.
● Maintain accounting systems to meet state and federal requirements.
● Preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports in accordance with GAAP.
● Reconciliation of all bank accounts and credit card statements each month.
● Responsibility for management of the overall accounting operations of the school and ancillary operations.
● General Ledger Maintenance and reconciliation of General Ledger accounts.
● Review and oversee all coding of revenue, expenses, and capital transactions in QuickBooks For Non-Profits accounting system.
● Review semi-monthly payroll and book payroll entries.
● Submission of required state and federal payments and reports.
● Remain current in professional and technical areas related to finance and accounting.
The ideal candidate will have
● Minimum of ten years accounting experience in a roles comparable to this position.
● Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
● CPA or MBA preferred.
● Knowledge of accounting, fund-raising database and tuition management software systems. Familiarity with QuickBooks, Raiser’s Edge and FACTS systems a plus.
● Private school experience preferred.
● Proven experience in preparing financial statements and analyses.
● Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting for academic institutions and nonprofit organizations.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.