Robert Half Level 4 Network Engineer in Edison, New Jersey
The Network Engineer IV provides functional and empirical analysis related to the planning, design, installation, and implementation of the network infrastructure. Performs installation and maintenance of network devices including the restoration of hardware and software. Works with end users, Team Members, and vendors to resolve network hardware and software issues. May recommend, develop, and administer tools to achieve high availability and efficient utilization of LAN/WAN. Reviews progress and evaluates results. Performs work with a high degree of latitude. Handles the most complex issues. Possesses comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching, wireless, VPN, firewall policy, and optical transport systems including DWDM/ROADM technology. Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate Team Members. May act as a ’lead’ on specific projects or implementations.
Essential Job Functions:
· Participates in the planning and design of network architecture.
· Performs maintenance of network devices including the restoration of hardware and software.
· Conduct advanced research and evaluation of technology and make recommendations.
· Works with Team Members and vendors to resolve network hardware and software issues.
· Designs installs, supports and tests Local and Wide Area Networks.
· Supports Infrastructure including switches, routers, wireless, optical, and firewalls.
· May develop end-user training to achieve efficient utilization of LAN/WAN.
· Responds to and resolves escalated help desk tickets.
· Participates in project management activities as assigned.
· Participates in Network Team On-Call program.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Bachelor’s level degree and/or equivalent certification in IT related discipline.
· 10+ years of experience in IT related discipline.
· Networking engineering experience with technologies including but not limited to the TCP/IP network subject matters, routing, switching, wireless, VPN, firewall, and LAN/WAN technologies.
· Possesses working knowledge of routing, switching, wireless, VPN, firewall policy and optical transport systems including DWDM/ROADM technology.
· Design, installation, and coordination of the installation of data networks and systems; maintenance and troubleshooting of network hardware, systems, software, and peripherals.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE).
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.